10336 Fundamental Problems in Fluid Dynamics
|Fundamentale problemer i fluiddynamik|
|Taught under open university|
Scope and form:
Lectures and exercises.
Duration of Course:
Date of examination:
Type of assessment:
General course objectives:
The aim of the course is to introduce the students to some of the most important current research subjects in the field of fluid dynamics.
|A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:|
- Apply recent research results to solve problems in selected topics in fluid dynamics.
- Choose and apply mathematical techniques to analyze theoretical problems in selected topics in fluid dynamics.
- Identify potential research topics in fluid dynamics.
- Identify and select relevant literature in modern fluid dynamics.
- Actively read and understand both classical and recent scientific journal papers in selected topics in fluid dynamics.
- Prepare and complete a written or oral presentation of a topic in fluid dynamics, taking the preparation of the audience into account.
- Choose topics in modern fluid dynamics for further study.
- Formulate individual learning objectives.
Topics from modern fluid mechanics, varying from year to year, including: Instabilities, bifurcations, symmetry breaking, capillarity, interfaces, drops, bubbles, vorticity dynamics, chaotic advection, separation, acoustofluidics, nanoscale fluid dynamics, complex fluids, viscoelasticity, osmosis. More details can be found at the course web-site www.fluid.dtu.dk/10336.
See the course web-page www.fluid.dtu.dk/10336.
The course is aimed at students planning a final project, where fluid mechanics plays an important part, as well as PhD students. The course is broad and varies from year to year, since teachers from four different DTU departments as well as guest professors take part.
|, 309, 256, (+45) 4525 3310,
, 303B, 157, (+45) 4525 3067,
, 403, 226, (+45) 4525 4314,
, 227, 112, (+45) 4525 2973,
, 309, 246, (+45) 4525 3307,
, 403, 212, (+45) 4525 4342,
|10 Department of Physics|
|01 Department of Mathematics|
28 Department of Chemical Engineering
46 DTU Wind Energy
Registration Sign up:
|Instabilities and bifurcations, interfaces, bubbles & drops, vorticity dynamics, biofluid dynamics, complex Fluids.|
November 7, 2012|
See course in DTU Course base