10502 Quantum- and Nonlinear Optics
|Kvante- og ulineær optik|
|Ph.D.- Mathematics, Physics and Informatics|
|Taught under open university|
August, only even years, next time 2012.
Scope and form:
Summer school of one week duration with lectures, panel discussions and group work.
Duration of Course:
|[The Course is not following DTUs normal Schedule]|
Date of examination:
|Decide with teacher
Usually written homework to be handed in 1 month after completion of summer school.|
Type of assessment:
General course objectives:
Introduction to selected topics within nonlinear optical and quantum optics of special relevance to contemporary research. Students will be brought fully up-to-date on these topics by teachers, who are themselves experts in the field and skilled teachers. However, the course also contains material that ensures that the students will refresh their knowledge of the basic subjects.
The course presumes knowledge of basic optics, nonlinear optics and quantum physics at the graduate level.
|A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:|
- Knowledge of selected areas of nonlinear optics and quantum optics as a basis for the work with selected research topics.
- Quasi phase matching of 2. order nonlinear processes; design of structures and calculation of efficiencies.
- Coupled wave equations, second harmonic generation, sum- and difference frequency generation.
- Knowledge about sources of coherent light, devices and systems, specially solid-state light sources, semiconductor lasers and –amplifiers, quantum dots.
- Generation, conversion, communication, manipulation and detection of quantum states for information processing.
- Generation and use of discrete and continuous quantum states.
- Interaction between light quanta and atoms, exchange of quantum states.
- Solid-state quantum optics relevant for obtaining high optical nonlinearity and for use in quantum information processing.
The course is conducted as a Ph.D.-summer school of a one week duration, often at an external corese centre outside DTU. Seee the home page for the current or previous course: http://intersigma.dk/qnlo. The course is offered in even years only.
|, 309, 050, (+45) 4525 3306,
|10 Department of Physics|
Registration Sign up:
April 27, 2012|
See course in DTU Course base