General course objectives:
to carry out an independent experimental or theoretical project, where the result is not known in advance.
|A student who has met the objectives of the course will be able to:|
- find and select relevant litterature
- seek supplementary information from researchers/PhD students in the fiels - who can function as consultants during the project
- make a relevant limitation of the subject and with the help of the supervisor provide arguments for the project, including describing the new aspects covered by the project and how the purpose may add to the research in the area.
- Describe goals and methods for the project in suitable extent and complexity
- plan the project
- provide a realistic workplan and schedule and continuously adjust the plan to the change in conditions
- perform thorough and systematic work within the experiment or theory, e.g. by constructiing an experiement, or provide code for a simulation, and collect the measured or generated data and treat the data in the analysis
- relate the data to the goals of the project
- interpret, evaluate and summarize the results, and present those in suitable format using tables and graphs.
- write a well-structured and well-documented report
- present the methods used and results gained in an oral presentation to the other participants in the course.
- carry the project through with great independence in all aspects
A series of possible project subjects will be provided, with relations to the research activities at the participating institutes. The students select among the proposed projects.
Subject to acceptance it is possible to choose projects from institutes not on the list.
Green challenge participation:
Please contact the teacher for information on whether this course gives the student the opportunity to prepare a project that may participate in DTU´s Study Conference on sustainability, climate technology, and the environment (GRØN DYST). More information
|, 327, 206, (+45) 4525 9722,
|30 National Space Institute|
|02 Department of Informatics and Mathematical Modeling|
10 Department of Physics
12 Department of Environmental Engineering
Registration Sign up: